Erica Sunkin joined NEA in 2020 and currently serves as Senior Manager of Communications & Marketing. In this role, she is focused on driving increased brand awareness for NEA’s investing practices and partners through public relations and communications marketing. She also supports NEA’s portfolio companies in their brand visibility, communications and marketing efforts.
Prior to joining NEA, Erica served as a Vice President at Edelman, where she spearheaded the firm’s venture capital offering and developed communications marketing strategies for a wide range of clients across venture capital, private equity, fintech and asset management. In addition, she developed a specialty in executive positioning and thought leadership having attended top events including the World Economic Forum in Davos, Milken Global Institute, WSJ Future of Everything, Money20/20 and more. Erica also has experience counseling firms on a variety of special situation projects including M&A, IPOs, spin-offs, crisis management and shareholder events and executive transitions.
She earned her bachelor’s degrees in Public Relations and Political Science from the University of Southern California.
- A Conversation on Diversity and Leadership in Tech (Edited Transcript) NEA Blog
- Reflecting on the Black Experience in Tech and Entrepreneurship NEA Blog
- The Twenty Minute VC featuring Scott Sandell and Rick Yang on Robinhood NEA Blog
- “The right people will bring so much more than you ever thought possible...” NEA Blog
- NEA Holiday Gift Guide 2021 NEA Blog
- Reflecting on the Hispanic American Experience NEA Blog
- The Hispanic American Experience: Embracing a Mosaic of Diversity (Edited Transcript) NEA Blog
- “Adversity and diversity are gifts…” NEA Blog
- "It is always about people..." NEA Blog
- Scott Sandell on The Twenty Minute VC NEA Blog
- "You have to bet on yourself..." NEA Blog