Claudia joined NEA in 2016 after 30 years of service with IBM where she held many technical and business leadership positions. She founded the Venture Capital Group within IBM, where she served as its Managing Director and Vice President of Corporate Development. The Venture Capital Group is a unit in IBM that drives non-organic growth through partnerships and M&A activities globally, focusing on growth markets, and disruptive technology and business models. Prior to that position she headed the licensing and commercialization group in the IBM Research Lab.
Claudia is a board member of the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA), chairwoman of the board of the Global Corporate Venturing, Advisor to the American Advancement of Science Lemelson Fellowship, board member of Bank of the West / BNP Paribas, board member of Best Buy, and advisory board member of other global venture capital organizations, including Latin American Venture Capital Association, Women in Leadership in Private Equity in China, Canadian Innovation Exchange, Savannah Fund in Africa, and others.
Claudia is frequently cited as a pioneer and leader in the corporate venture community and contributed to many articles on corporate venture innovation published in Business Week, WSJ, NYT, and others. In the March 2015 issue of The Worth Magazine, she was named as one of the 20 most powerful players in Silicon Valley.
Claudia was born in Taiwan and grew up in Brazil. She holds a master's degree in Computer Science from Santa Clara University School of Engineering, and a master's degree in Management from Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
- Claudia Fan Munce featured at NASDAQ's Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month conference
- Claudia Fan Munce featured at NACD Virtual Roundtable
- Claudia Fan Munce featured at How Women Lead Event
- Scott Sandell and Claudia Fan Munce featured at Stanford/NVCA VC Symposium
- Claudia Fan Munce featured at "Breaking Glass Ceilings" Event
- Claudia Fan Munce features at NVCA SHIFT
- Claudia Fan Munce featured at Global Tech Symposium
- Claudia Fan Munce featured at Professional Business Women of California Conference
- November 6, 2017
- March 14, 2016
- January 31, 2016
- January 28, 2016
- August 20, 2015
- February 12, 2013